- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 large banana
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- In a small blender mix together the oats and 1 whole egg.
- Place that mixture into a medium bowl and mash banana into it until smooth.
- To that bowl, add protein powder and egg whites.
- Mix with a fork.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla, and baking powder.
- Stir until consistency is met.
- Set your waffle oven to medium temperature.
- Pour waffle mixture and let cook according to waffle oven settings.
Toppings may include powdered sugar, pure maple syrup, nutella, or peanut butter. Remember though that these toppings will effect your macros. Macros per serving: Cal: 242 Fat: 4g Carbs: 28g Protein: 23g
You can’t go wrong with this chocolate & banana protein waffle recipe. I’ve experimented with many protein waffle recipes and this is by far the best consistency and taste. There is no need to even spray down the waffle oven if you are using a high quality waffle iron. My favorite is made by Calphalon and can be found by clicking here. The waffles will come out easily with no hassle. These waffles are both healthy and delicious. This is real food. Food that satisfies your macros and your tummy. My personal favorite chocolate protein powder is Revly. If you are looking for a plant based or vegan protein powder check out Aloha.
If you’re into meal prepping I often double this recipe. The waffles will stay good for up to 5 days in the fridge in an air tight container. Pair this recipe with one of my healthy breakfast smoothies for the ultimate morning.
Leave your love down below. Let me know what you thought about this chocolate & banana protein waffle recipe. Did you change anything to make them your own? Enjoy!